Income question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income question

I have a job that makes more than what is needed for the K1 Visa. My problem is that I lived with my fiancee in the Philippines for 9 months between 2016 and 2017. I didn't make any money in 2017. 2016 I made half a year's income in 2016 which was, I think, around $25,000. 2015 I made $45,000 or so. Is this a problem for my visa? I don't have a lot of money in the bank to cover any differences.

If you will be submitting your application this 2018 then you will be required to show sustainable income for the most recent tax year which is 2017 since the K1 visa looks at the projected income for a year but also look at the most recent tax return.

Though if you will be able to show proof that your most recent job will be able to prove that you meets the income requirement then you are good to go.

Comment

• Roman Curtis
      Roman Curtis commented
      Editing a comment
      Do they also look into previous income and tax return (2015 and 2016 income for an example)? Do they make their approval decision based on current and/or recent income and tax return or they worry about previous income too?

Do they also look into previous income and tax return (2015 and 2016 income for an example)? Do they make their approval decision based on current and/or recent income and tax return or they worry about previous income too?

Comment

In most countries, they do based on the most recent tax return and your present verifiable income.

Comment

My fiancé is in the Philippines. I apply for k-1 this 2018. My problem is that I’ve been told o need to meet sponsor requirements of income of 16,000 for the last 3 years. 2017 I made 30,000. 2016 I made 13,000. 2015 I made 41,000. Now I’m being told I need assets to add on to my 2016 year. I have been told what mortgage I owe It can equal 1/3 and added on to my 13,000 for that 2016 year. Does this sound right?
        Join the discussion related to the process and procedures, K-1 Fiance(e) Visa, Cr-1 spousal visa, IR-5 parent visa, marriage based green card, U.S. citizenship (Naturalization) and tourist visa.

Comment

If your current projected income shows that you met the income requirement, it'll be fine as long as you provide proof of that said income and provide a letter of explanation why your income for last years is low.

Comment

Welcome to VisaCommunity!

Collapse

Join Free Now

We welcome your input, questions and stories about immigration to the U.S. Here, you'll enjoy a pleasant community of helpful folks who are going through or have gone through the immigration process. Join for free today and don't go it alone.
          Working...
          X