No announcement yet.

Assistance required for IR5

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Assistance required for IR5

    I have a son born in the US while I was working on a H1 visa in 1997. My son will be 21 during Dec 2018. I now wish to return to the US, but thus far my H1 applications have been unsuccessful. I now am thinking about applying for an IR5. Searching the internet leaves me with two questions that I need answers to.
    1) my son stays with me in South Africa and does not have a domicile on the US, will this be a problem.
    2) my son is still dependant on me financially, could I give him $150K to prove financial means.
    Unrelated to the questions I see several jobs advertised with my skill sets so I do not foresee any problems relating to a job.
    Thanking in advance

  • #2
    1. If you're son will apply for a Parent Visa (IR5), the Government will asked for Proof of Domicile.

    2. The Petitioner/Sponsor must prove that he/she meet the income requirement as based on the Tax Returns.


    Welcome to VisaCommunity!


    Join Free Now

    We welcome your input, questions and stories about immigration to the U.S. Here, you'll enjoy a pleasant community of helpful folks who are going through or have gone through the immigration process. Join for free today and don't go it alone.