No announcement yet.

Holding the green card

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holding the green card

    Is it possible to go abroad and study there for 2 years (with no intention of living abroad permanently) and still keep your Green Card obtained by marriage? In other words, what should one do to be able to not live in the U.S. for 2 years without losing their Green Card? Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    First and foremost, having the green card means that you intend to stay longer in U.S. rather than outside the U.S. soil and technically, you only have a limited time as to how long you are allowed to stay abroad. In case it happens, that you'll be staying more than the required time, your green card might or I say will be forfeited.


    Welcome to VisaCommunity!


    Join Free Now

    We welcome your input, questions and stories about immigration to the U.S. Here, you'll enjoy a pleasant community of helpful folks who are going through or have gone through the immigration process. Join for free today and don't go it alone.