CR1 visa timeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CR1 visa timeline

I am a US citizen and married my spouse in Haiti in September 2016. I sent I-130 in mid-November 2016. My case was received on November 18, 2016 and is now in the Nebraska Service Center.

What priority date is USCIS currently working on?

Why is it that the Philippines applicants get approved so quickly?

Based on the USCIS site,

If you are a prospective immigrant, you can find your priority date on Form I-797, Notice of Action, for the petition filed on your behalf. The waiting time before receiving an immigrant visa or adjusting status depends on:
    • The demand for and supply of immigrant visas.
    • The per-country visa limitations.
    • The number of visas allocated for your preference category.
    While For family-sponsored immigrants, the priority date is the date that the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or in certain instances the Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, is properly filed with USCIS.

With the Philippine applicant getting approved quickly is close to being true but this normally depends on the discretion of the USCIS. What I know is that on the USCIS side, the one that they are checking on is the US Petitioner. So maybe it depends on the volume of petition they process.

Comment

Welcome to VisaCommunity!

Collapse

Join Free Now

We welcome your input, questions and stories about immigration to the U.S. Here, you'll enjoy a pleasant community of helpful folks who are going through or have gone through the immigration process. Join for free today and don't go it alone.
    Working...
    X